At Hartman Design Group, design is personal. Buildings do far more than provide shelter – they provide context for living and touch lives. From our hearts to yours, we invite you to walk in and experience the spaces we create. We’re committed to offering everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. If you are motivated by challenge, passion, and meaning, then you’ll love working here.
We are seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer with at least 5 years of experience in commercial interior design who is passionate and thrives in a dynamic team environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about design, creative, energetic, technically skilled and has strong communication skills. In this job, you will work with a team to address the issues of our clients (style, budget, and schedule) and enjoy the challenge of working with sophisticated real estate developers.
Our exciting and varied projects include multifamily residential, senior living, and hospitality. Our clients, the top developers in the country, look to us for a broad range of design styles — from historical renovations to contemporary design.
*A resume and portfolio are required to be considered for this position. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Coordinate with clients and internal team
- Report to Senior Designer/Design Director
- Ability to produce design presentations and construction documents
- Ability to stay within budgets and fee
- Maintain schedule
- Provide Construction Observation (with project manager oversight)
- Project product budget and procurement oversight
- Furnishings selection and installation including art and accessories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a recognized University or College
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial Interior Design
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, materials and construction detail and documents
- Be self-directed, highly motivated, and have high initiative
- Have great written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills to mentor and work with junior designers
- Knowledge of Building Code regulations
- Be aware of design industry and business trends
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office, Bluebeam Revu, and Adobe Suite. AutoCAD is a plus
- Experience in project management is a plus
- LEED AP and NCIDQ are a plus
- A resume and portfolio are required to be considered for this position. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid-Time Off
- 401(K) plan
- Holidays observed: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
Please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected].