We were honored to design the amenity spaces of this age-restricted, affordable housing multifamily property based in Rockville, Maryland.
Residences on the Lane is a newly-constructed high-rise apartment community located in downtown Rockville, Maryland offering affordable one- and two-bedroom units restricted to individuals over the age of 62. The Project was co-developed by The Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County (“HOC) and Victory Housing, Inc. (“VHI”). Duball, LLC was retained as the master developer such that the project was constructed simultaneous with Duball’s, mixed-use, 250-unit market-rate apartment building adjacent to the Residences. The entire project was constructed by Paradigm Construction Company. The community contains 150 rent- and income-restricted apartments: 23 units serving households with incomes at or below 80% of the Washington, DC-MD-VA Statistical Area Median Income (“AMI”), 88 units serving households with incomes at or below 60% AMI, 24 units serving households with incomes at or below 40% AMI, and 15 market rate units.
Residences on the Lane is nestled on a quiet block within Rockville Town Center, a walkable community where residents enjoy the village green, restaurants, shops and cultural centers. The design is light and fresh and uses biophilic patterns throughout to enhance the health, happiness, and wellness of the residents.
|Senior Housing News Architecture and Design Award
|Second Place, Affordable Housing
|Finalist Best Affordable Community (Over 100 Units)
The HDG interior design team approach to affordable housing comes from the following beliefs we hold:
- We believe that affordable housing works when it provides more than just a place to live, when all stakeholders are committed to making a long-term investment in our community and in the health, safety and well-being of residents.
- We believe that affordable multifamily buildings that look, feel, and live like market-rate apartments promote a sense of place and self-worth.
- We believe that a beautiful home fosters feelings of sanctuary and elevates pride in one’s surroundings.
- We believe that the connection to nature enhances wellness and it is our duty as design professionals to merge the built environment with the natural world.
- We believe that through collaboration and design excellence, we can create engaging, healthy, energy-efficient, affordable homes for people of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- We believe that solutions take shape when caring professionals partner for the good of our community.
Enjoy a video walk through of this charming community:
If you are considering developing an affordable multi-family or senior, age-restricted community, contact us for details on how we can elevate your project!