Established in 1987
DC-based Hartman Design Group is bringing its award-winning multifamily interior design and interior architecture services to the Tampa and the Southeast. For nearly four decades old, our firm has specialized in providing multifamily interior design services to luxury, market rate, workforce, affordable, age-restricted, and active senior adult living community developers on the East Coast from New York to the Carolinas. We design amenity spaces for new construction, renovation projects, and adaptive reuse (e.g. conversions of commercial office space into multifamily residential dwellings).
Southeast Region opened in 2022
We opened our Southeast Region Division based in Tampa, FL last year. Our Channelside location is led by Managing Partner, Anny Falgas. HDG is excited to be part of the development activity going on in the Southeastern U.S., and is happy to offer our interior design / interior architecture services to multi-family, mixed-use, and hospitality developers, owners, and architects in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Orlando, Jacksonville, throughout Florida and other areas of the Southeast, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Telling the Story
There is a process to interior design and interior architecture that is similar to the architectural phases of design. We begin each project with intensive background research on the community, neighborhood, address, and more to develop a design concept that understands the unique sense of place and history of the structure. Our bespoke interior design philosophy focuses on respect for history, culture, architecture, and the environment and each project tells an authentic story about the place and connects the project to the community in which it has a place.
As we work, we collaborate with the full design team to align branding and strategy, telling that unique, authentic story to showcase the property, set it apart and make it memorable. With our strength in art curation and sourcing capabilities, we are able to transform vision into results for each new and distinctive project on which we collaborate. The breadth of our portfolio illustrates how well we do this.
Maximizing Every Dollar
In addition to creating beautiful, functional spaces that complement and enhance the communities in which they are located, we are equally focused on maximizing every dollar the Client allocates toward the design goal. Having been in the commercial interior design industry for nearly 40 years, we have strong vendor relationships which translates into significant savings. We have a keen understanding of codes and regulations, and, given our decades of experience, we have a heightened awareness of the importance of interior space design and flow to deliver optimal value on each project we undertake, often with award-winning results.
Valued by Our Partners
We have been honored to partner with some of the most notable and highly respected national and regional developers and architects around. As our focus is on delivering quality design service to satisfy their needs, they have some good things to say about us. Together, we help people love where they live.
View some of our recent projects:
Learn more about HDG:
View our Stylebook.
Love what you see?
Contact us to schedule a meet and greet to learn more.
The Latest in Southeast Development
- Lincoln Property Company proposes two 4-story buildings, 200+ units multifamily overlooking Palmer golf course at Reunion Resort.
- Florida’s Live Local Act enticing Nashville-based Elmington Capital Group to propose affordable 4-story multifamily project near Orlando Executive Airport.
- Apartment building construction on track to hit record high
- 1.2 million new apartment units: That’s the number of new rentals that opened in the United States during the last three years
- Water Street Tampa Becomes First WELL Certified Community in North America.
- Benderson Development is poised to break ground on Siesta Promenade; will change the face of the gateway to Siesta Key in south Sarasota.
- Hussein, Ashton Woods pay $23 million for Ham Brown Reserve (Osceola, FL)
- Evergreen Residential affiliate lines up $100M+ apartment community near AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Eagle Property Capital, Belay Investment Group Sell 361-Unit Captiva Club Apartment Community in Tampa
- Poinciana SunRail land owner is planning over 700 apartments next to station
- Nashville: East Nashville and North Nashville development efforts on the radar proposing nearly 1,200 multifamily apartments between them, about 275 of which are affordable units.
- Clarksville, TN: Double J Partners – Developers – plan apartment, single-family projects for Clarksville
- Apopka: Mixed-income residential project proposed for Northwest Orange County with townhomes, market-rate apartments, and affordable housing units
- Orlando: Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts multifamily residential development opportunity coming soon to third-party developers.
- Boca Raton: Wexford Real Estate Investors and Key International Acquire Development Site for Multifamily Community in Boca Raton, Floridato develop a 12-story luxury residential development with extensive amenity offering.
- Tampa: Seminole Heights’ Evelyn City Lofts apartments development joint venture between Grandview Partners and Crosland Southeast received $40 million in construction financing from First Citizens Bank.
- Nashville: triple tower housing with 1,400 units and mixed-use development proposed at Church and 15th.
- Clarksville, TN: VP Riverside Development of South Carolina is proposing a mixed-use development with 330 multifamily homes, more to Clarksville.
- Orlando: Richland Capital proposes a 14-story, 300-unit multifamily in the Ivanhoe District.
- Miami: Fisher Brothers announces new Wynwood neighborhood eight-story community with 308 rental units and 25,000 square feet of amenities.
- Nashville: CBRE gets financing to acquire two Vitality-branded Senior Housing communities.
- St. Petersburg, FL: Virginia-based developer Kettler proposes a new mixed-use 21-story tower with 310 apartments, 6,700 sf of commercial space and bicycle parking in the EDGE district.
- Orlando: Flat rents, skyrocketing property insurance threaten the Orlando apartment sector’s outlook.
- Nashville: Private Equity RE Firm The Clear Blue Co. breaks ground on 238-unit affordable housing development near Ellington Parkway .
- Orlando: Eastwind Development’s Multifamily project proposed for Colonial Drive aims to take advantage of new Live Local Act via GrowthSpotter and Orlando Business Journal.
- St. Petersburg: Ally Capital Group, a Tampa developer, proposes a 28-story apartment tower in downtown, representing a $120 million investment and 327 apartments.
- Sarasota: Thompson Thrift, a real estate company and one of the nation’s leading multifamily developers, announces plans to develop The Concord, a Luxury 257-Unit Multifamily Community.
- Tampa: Here’s how land values have changed in downtown Tampa since Vinik started buying dirt.
- Tampa: 31-story AER apartment tower in downtown tops out.
- Tampa: Developer gets $3 million affordable housing grant for Ybor City apartment complex.
- Gainesville:Celebration Pointe Multifamily Gets $59M in Construction Financing.
- Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Phoenix: TruAmerica Lands $300M for 5 Communities across South – Sunbelt to see more than 2,100 additional units from the deal.
- Tampa: ROOST Tampa combines the boutique hotel experience with the comfort of an apartment.
- Tampa: Jeff Vinik leaving firm that developed Tampa’s bustling Water Street.
- Tampa: More affordable housing coming to Ybor City.
- Tampa: Delayed developments in St. Pete Beach, Clearwater could be a bellwether for Tampa Bay’s multifamily market.
- Orlando: New 14-story multi-family apartment tower eyed in Ivanhoe Village.
- East Tennessee: Greystone Provides $16.5 Million in Fannie Mae DUS® Financing for Affordable Housing Portfolio in 6 East Tennessee counties.
- Nashville: Creative Development Partners’ affiliate plans former-hotel-to-multi-family apartments near Briley Parkway.
- Tampa: Strategic Property Partners’ Water Street Tampa development has achieved the world’s first SmartScore Pre-Certified Neighborhood.
- Nashville: Two new residential towers coming to Nashville‘s McGavock Street and 14th Avenue.
- Amenities in Multifamily Developments that Renters Actually Want – by Multi-Housing News.